The Sectors of Mainframe
Locations in Mainframe
The Principle Office is at the very center of Mainframe, and the reset
of the city is divided into six sectors. This is seen most clearly in
the opening credits, when Bob says "Systems, people, cities, to this
place: Mainframe." (A VCR with a good freeze-frame is handy for
- The white globe at the center is the Principle Office
- This is the home of the mayor, COMMAND.COM, and his executive
- From the top of the picture to the 2 o'clock position is G Prime.
- Megabyte has taken over the entire sector; his Silicon Tor is
the highest tower in all of Mainframe.
- From 2 o'clock to 4 o'clock is Baudway, the bustling business district.
- Dot's Diner is near 3 o'clock.
- Al's place is on Level 31, the basement of Baudway.
- From 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock is the Kits Sector.
- Interface ports to the Com Net, Vid Net and Ethernet.
- Bob has an apartment here.
- The boardwalk and marina are at the outer edge of Kits.
- The small, irregular splotch below the 6 o'clock position is Lost Angles.
- It is connected to Mainframe by a creepy looking Gilded Gate Bridge.
- One of its towers is a replica of the Los Angeles City Hall.
- Hexadecimal can make the ground open up and swallow her enemies.
- From 6 o'clock to 8 o'clock is Floating Point Park.
- A relaxing place among the data lakes and information trees.
- The park was disconnected from Mainframe in "Gigabyte".
- From 8 o'clock to 10 o'clock is Beverly Hills.
- The neighborhood has large white terraces.
- Gold plated circuit boards.
- From 10 o'clock to 12 o'clock is Wall Street.
- Heavy-duty number crunching here.
- Central Financial District.
Locations at Alliances's Reboot site
The 1st Official ReBoot Home Page had a much better tour of Mainframe.
Each tour page has a round green map at the bottom. Clicking on the center
of the map jumps to the Principle Office; clicking near the edges of the
map jumped to the other sectors. (Be sure to click on each picture there;
some images have hot spots bringing up details on various vehicles.)
Note: The Alliance map is rotated 30 degrees counter clockwise with respect
to the view presented here, which came from the opening sequence.
page 16 of 129
Maintained by Joe Smith