Tymshare PDP-10 hardware
Last systems: shutdown December 1998
2 TOAD-1 systems from XKL
- 32 megawords of memory (equivalent of 72 megabytes)
- SCSI disk and tape (1/2-inch 6250 and 4mm DAT)
- 2 ethernets
- connected to Tymnet via a Sun workstation (X.25 to TELNET interface)
- On 31-Mar-96 they shut down the 4 KL-1090 systems. Each had
One of the systems ("F34") went to the West Coast Computer Museum.
- KL with model-B backplane, console front-end with DECtapes
- 4 megawords AMPEX external memory
- SA-10 channel adaptor for IBM disk and tape
- Memorex 3652 disk strings (16 logical units per string, 300 megabytes per unit)
- StorageTek 6250-bpi tape drives
- E-BUS base (DMA connection to the Tymnet network)
- Several KI-10 systems (used smaller 3330-II disks)
- Several KS-10 systems (DL11 to a PDP-11 which spoke Tymnet protocol)
- Several Foonly-F3 systems (DL11 emulated in Foonly microcode)
- Various Foonly-F4 systems (running TOPS-20 or TENEX instead of TYMCOM-X)
Tymshare had several
XDS 940 systems directly connected to Tymnet.
Last update: Saturday, 10-Apr-2010 07:02:35 GMT
Up to the index for Tymshare.
Maintained by Joe Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org