Looks exactly like the car in the music video
"Last Night On Earth" by U2.
Car for sale - SOLD!
1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham (same as Ford LTD)
Sold for $500 to the Bay Area Buy-Back Program, 1-800-727-2708.
<-- zip codes 945xx, 949xx, 954xx in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San
Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara. Portions of Solano and Sonoma.)
(gold with white vinyl hardtop)
My grandfather purchased this car new. It was:
- 133,000 miles, only two owners
Licensed in California and in running condition. Located in Fremont (part
of the San Francisco Bay Area.)
- 460 cid (7.5 liter) V8 engine (uses regular gas, 91 octane)
- Trailer-towing package (heavy duty brakes, electrical relays
on turn and brake lights)
- Air conditioner with automatic temperature control (needs Freon)
- AM/FM radio
- Tilt steering wheel, power steering
- Automatic transmission
- Cruise control
- Power door locks
- Six-way power seats
- Original owner's manual
- Seat belts for 6 passengers, can carry 7 adults tightly squeezed.
Reason for sale
The big powerful V8 is great for towing trailers, but I don't have one. Like
most cars of this size and vintage, it only gets 12 miles per gallon. This
land yacht (we call it "Das Boot") makes us feel safe surrounded by tons of
steel, but it's a bit difficult to park in today's smaller parking spaces. My
wife would rather have a little teeny car for in-town errands.
This car was registered in California up through August, 1997. The buyer
needs to get a Smog Check. (The car has not had any problems in passing.)